Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: The Batphone

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Batphone



We finally signed up for a cellphone. It's the coolest thing. It's waterproof and to take it apart you need an allen wrench. I think it will definitely hold up to my rugged lifestyle. It has a video recorder, camera, compass, bar code scanner, and GPS (I can locate myself or Noriko can secretly track me). It's a flipphone that reminds me of a Batarang when opened. The only thing missing is the Batmobile. Well, and Batgirl, Alfred, and Robin. It has an integrated starmap that also shows the current position of Earth. I'm not sure, but I think it also plays music. Only today we found that the menu language can be toggled to English.


The phone is fine. What sucks is the calling plan. Apparently, in Japan, you don't get "free minutes" or "nights and weekends." You pay a monthly fee and also pay for each minute. The higher the monthly fee, the lower the minute rate. However, incoming calls are free. Unless it's some strange phonescammer that somehow charges your phone if you answer it.

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Aunt Josefina asked me to drop in and say hi so here I am.

Love the photos. I'll be back.

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you added the grappling hook feature? It might help you climbing the stairs after using the bathroom?


jeremy

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hello! I'm stopping in from Aunt Jo's blog.
I wish you and your wife much happiness and great adventure in Japan.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Have fun in Japan! My brother's been there a year and will be staying for at least another (HIS request). He loves it!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Jory-san said...

Don't worry, Jeremy, I just use the grappling hook feature on my cellphone "How much do you weigh?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home