Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Sacred Places

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sacred Places

If you look over the top of the white van but below the top of th light post you might be able to see Mount Fuji. I saw it for the first time, this trip, last Sunday after aikido class (see Link section for directions). It's always shocking to see something like that when you're not expecting it. If you're from the plains, you can see how cultures around the world have come to respect, revere, and worship the mountains as gods themselves or as homes to the gods.


This is one of the giant shopping complexes in Yokosuka. I call it the Daiei Mall but I don't know if that's the local term. There's more on the left side fo the frame but it wouldn't fit in my eyepiece. It's big. I'm not even sure if I've seen it all yet. I heard that there's a floor of nothing but restaurants and I haven't seen that yet. I'm pretty sure it goes underground at least one level, also. I guess the mountains of long ago have had to give up some popularity with the malls of today. I wonder which of the two deserves more of our worship?

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

Is Mt. Fuji taunting you from afar? "Come climb me again Jory-san...this time I will win...."
Are those cookies taunting you from ajar?..."Come eat me Jory-san..and grab a glass of milk on your way..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home