Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Ski ga suki! Part 4

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ski ga suki! Part 4

The weather took a turn for the worse.

Left to right: Yuki, Yunko, and ?????ichiro


The weather took that same turn.

Noriko!

007!
On our last day, the afternoon weather turned into a blizzard. The pictures of 007 and Noriko were taken at the same place on the same day as the second bad weather picture. The winds were gusting and whipping up snow all around. Visibility was very low. These were perfect conditions to practice the skills Toshi Sensei passed on to me (turning and stopping). Also notice the difference in stances between Noriko and me. She is actually standing with the intent to ski. I'm standing with intent not to fall. Let me say this about her ability- she can fly across the snow. Her dad has some kind of ranking (brown belt in Muskogee YMCA GoJu karate terms) and started her out at a very early age.
The trio in the other picture were our tablemates while we waited out the storm and waited on our bus. They're students from Tokyo and were very friendly. Yunko is going to Las Vegas and Los Angeles so she was eager to practice her English. Notice they are all posing. The peace sign is the usual Japanese gesture (Yunko) and I have spotted the elusive "thumbs up" (Yuki) at times, but this is the first time I've seen the "fisticuffs" (?????ichiro). I might start using it, too.
We're home now and warm. Now that I can turn and stop, Noriko is already planning the next trip. I hope Toshi Sensei has another day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home