Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Horsepower to Ponypower

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Horsepower to Ponypower

Side by side comparisons. The SUV on the left is a regular size, 4-Runner type car. The truck on the right is some kind of miniature flatbed.

Even next to Noriko, the car is obviously volume-challenged.


Our "new" car was delivered Friday night. It's a Suzuki Wagon-R. It boasts an engine of 660 cubic centimeters. I have no idea what kind of horsepower it has. We filled up the tank at the reasonable price of 149 yen per liter. I think that's about $5 a gallon. It's about four times as expensive to buy gas, but we actually need to use the car about four times as less. There are many models of 660cc engine cars: trucks, SUVs, vans. They are easily spotted by size and for some reason their license plates are all yellow. The top picture was taken at our parking spot that is a 5 minute walk from the house. However, Noriko just got off the phone and found us a new spot that is about 2.5 minutes away.

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your tires already look like the spare "doughnut", what does your "doughnut" look like? anp

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you need to get some hydraulics put on that thing...

JH

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would look great with a 6 inch lift kit, chrome rims and chrome steps.

Mr. BWS

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

I can get you a domino's pizza sign for the top of your car so you can get away with driving crazy.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jory-san said...

ANP- i haven't found the spare yet. I hope it has one.

JH and Mr. BWS- it has a lift kit in it now

Mr. BWS- are you whom I think you are? nice to see you.

Uncle Joe- i wish you could get me a domino's pizza delivered. it's about $30 to have PizzaHut bring us one. and they deliver pizzas via scooters here!

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm who you think I am. I haven't seen you on Yahoo Messenger in a long time.

Did I ever tell you that every time I open a 2 liter bottle of soda I hear your mom's voice telling me to point it away from my face. That has saved me from much pain at least twice.

Mr. BWS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home