Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Busy Morning

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Busy Morning


I went outside this morning to get the car ready to take Noriko to the station and noticed that all four of my tires were flat! I was a little shocked. I coudln't see any puncture marks or nails and all the valve stem caps were on tight. Also, all the other cars parked on the side of the street (illegaly- like mine) were just fine. My first thought was that it was a racial attack! I got a very minor feeling of what it might be like to be singled out for race alone. I occasionally ponder this as I meet and see Japanese people. Anyway, J-Pop was pretty sure the tires were just old. A couple of cracks could be seen in the tire creases. At any rate, the neighbor was washing his car and he came over to have a look. The towtruck driver was giving his inspection. Three street workers came over to look. It was pretty busy. I guess they found out that J-Pop is the master of things below the street (his job as a civil engineer at city hall) and he followed them off to give some advice on whatever they're about to do, below our street.

UPDATED: So we're back from the tire place. They said all four were punctured in the sidewall. I knew it! I'm gonna be hiding outside with the family heirloom tonight! Well the neighbor claims it has happened to him more than once (a suspect!). We'll see.

5 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

Ah, so the Batman's skills are needed over there!
You know whose cronies carry ice picks? It's Mr. Freeze. He's out of Arkham I here..........

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

Hear!

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's messed up. Maybe it was some Akira motocycle gang having fun.

The tow truck looks like something out of Thomas the Train and J-pop looks like he is ordering a hit.

-Muskavik

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jory-san said...

you know who carries a wooden katana? Jory-san!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said...

good thing you have ninja training

do you need to borrow joe's can opener? what about the corn cob holder? just say the word and they will be sent jorysan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home