Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Catsup

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catsup

Kasagake offials


Here I am playing catch up (again!). While I'm on the subject, the Japanese love to put ketchup on their eggs. Do Americans like to do that, too? Spaniards? Anyone else? I know that I don't, so I was able to save some of my scrambled eggs from being ruined the other morning, by catching the cooks in time. I have to go into my "upcoming entries" folder and pick out whatever set of photos keeps me from being current. Right now, "current" is that we just returned from Kanazawa (my 3rd time!) where I was witness to many new things.

Back to my game of catch up and what sounds like a broken record to me. A couple of weeks ago...

As a refresher:
http://muskogeeyokie.blogspot.com/2006/05/flash-cause-horse-to-be-very-frighten.html.

This time, we headed to the seashore in Miura. This particular demonstration of horseback archery is called kasagake. The previous entry was about yabusame. Yabusame is a mixture of demonstrated skill and a ceremonial prayer, while kasagake is more of demonstration and competitive event.

While the yabusame was done in a straight line, the kasagake was done along the bend in a section of beach. I only have a few pictures, at this time, as I borrowed J-Pop's digital camcorder and have a ton of video.

Waiting for their turn

Sideview of the Kasagake officials

Lone horseman

We took a walk along the ocean after the demonstration.


Here's a photo of a dead thing I found.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger Leslee said...

I don't like katsup on my eggs, but I know people that do. They're weird. We're normal.

The picture of the dead thing is a little creepy. I probably would have poked it with a stick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home