Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Thirty-First Things, First

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thirty-First Things, First



For those of you that didn't know, we are expecting our first little one in May. Actually the due date is May, 5th (Last weekend she was 31 weeks). Not only is it a holiday in Mexico, but it's one in Japan, too: Boy's Day. Nationwide, families with sons will put out scaled down models of samurai armor and weapons. Without resorting to wikipedia, these items are all symbols of boys growing into strong men. Needless to say, it would be quite auspicious to be born on that day (and be a boy). Oh yeah, it's a boy!

I finally got Noriko to stand still and let me take a picture. I had to convince her that it's not fair that everyone over here can see her while everyone back home doesn't get the chance.

If all goes well, I can finally put all those things I read about in dog-training books to good use. Sit. Stay. Get in the box. Pee on the newspaper.

Once, a niece of mine, convinced I had a cold heart, told me "One day, when you have kids, you'll care." Now, where does a pre-ten year old get this kind of thing to say?

Please keep us in your thoughts.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said...

You, your wife and my baby nephew are in my prayers always. :o) I can't wait to sniff his head. (you'll know what I mean come 'bout May 20th after he has his first bath and smells so good you just want to sniff his little head all day.)

Nori looks beautiful!

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you both!! You will be a great father! A baby boy is the best thing that can happen to anyone!
April

 

Post a Comment

<< Home