Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: International Cultural Fair

Thursday, December 14, 2006

International Cultural Fair

November 26th, I met up with a new friend of mine, Jeff (from Idaho) and a student of mine, Shigeharu (American Name: Mr. Rapids, from Japan). We all attended an culture fair that was going on downtown. The main reason I attended was because my samurai sword sensei was going to be doing a cutting demonstration.

Soga Sensei bowing at the start of his demonstration

I was able to record the action and now, for the first time on Yokie from Muskogee, you can see video! Many of you already got an email from me with a link to this video.


They also performed a jodo (short staff) demo and a local jr. high did a kendo demo.

Later, we ran into another student of mine. She is a sado (tea ceremony teacher). Shigeharu treated Jeff and I to cup of tea.

Left to right, Endo san, old lady, Shigeharu san, Jeff san



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT video!!! and nice pics from you all getting tea.
PEACE

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said...

i can't see the video...i'll have to check it out from my laptop later. i love all the great pix.
so are you well rounded...culturally i mean?

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

I watched the video. That man chops very nicely.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

OK, I watched the video. But why does he keep re-sheathing the sword each time? It's very annoying and repetitive! Argh! I guess I don't have enough patience for that. Gimme a good old fashioned machete. ;o)

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home