Site Meter Yokie from Muskogee: Home Alone

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Home Alone

Today was my first day, alone. J-units went to work. Noriko had her first day at a new job. Iwoke up with them and drove Noriko to the trainstation. The drive back (also my first drive alone) was a little exciting. For my chores (so they'll feed me tonight), I had to sweep the floors, vacuum the floors, hang the futons outside in the breeze (more like a gale), disassemble the kotatsu (see earlier post) and hang out all the blankets associated with it, clean the toilet, do the dishes, and fold laundry. I drove to the supermarket (where we have a parking space rented- also I think somebody took a pulltab from my private English teacher flyer) and picked out two little desserts for J-Mom and Noriko for Valentine's, I stepped in dog business, watched some TV, and I ate leftovers for lunch. I also watched an episode of Top Cops from the late 80s. I'd feel a whole lot better about this role, if I had an apron.


I bought two identical treats like the one on the far right. One for Noriko and one for J-Ma. In Japan, the women give the men a gift (so J-Ma already bought the other four cakes) on Valentine's Day. The men return the favor in March.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said...

Yum!
Happy Balentimes Day Jory

 

Post a Comment

<< Home